Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Whether it’s shopping with your four-legged bff or watch J.J. Watt play softball, there is sure to be something on this list for everyone! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Saturday, May 13, 2017
· Farmer’s Market Bike Ride – Meet up with Bayou City Outdoors at Onion Creek Cafe and embark on a 10 to 12-mile bike ride to various farmers markets around the city. 8:30am.
· Friends of HPL Book Sale – Shop for new and gently used books priced at $3 or less at this sale that benefits Houston Public Library. 9am to 4pm.
· Puppies for Breakfast at Market Square Park – Stroll through this festival and enter the costume contest, check out food trucks, and shop dog-friendly items with your four-legged friend at Market Square Park. Suggested $5 donation. 10am.
· Asian Heritage Cultural Discovery Workshops at the Chinese Community Center – Learn about traditional and contemporary Asian art forms with through hands-on cultural discovery workshops instructed by Chinese Community Center’s cultural experts. Tickets are $25 per person and include lunch. 10am to 2pm.
· Flower-Palooza at Pop Shop America Boutique – Shop flower crowns and essential oils or make your own succulent terrariums for mom at this market hosted by Pop Shop America at their boutique in The Heights. 10am to 5pm.
· AsiaFest at Asia Society Texas Center – Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month at this family-friendly event featuring hands-on activities, food, musical and dance performances and more. 10am to 6pm.
· The Jungle Book at McPhail Hall – Head to McPhail Hall to see The Company Onstage’s production of The Jungle Book with Mowgli, Baloo, and Bagheera. $10; limited discounted $5 tickets available. 11am.
· The Market at Sawyer Yards – Shop a curated selection of specialty foods, folk art, and artisan crafts during this market hosted by The Washington Avenue Arts District. 11am to 5pm.
· Tacos and Beer Brunch at Fusion Taco – Nosh on tacos paired with Saint Arnold brews at this special brunch at Fusion Taco. $35. Noon to 2:30pm.
· Dia De Los Crawfish at Navigation Esplanade – Stuff your face with spicy mudbugs as you jam out to rock and Zydeco tunes on the East End at Dia De Los Crawfish. Noon to 8pm.
· Heights Rosé Social at Southern Goods – Raise money for Susan G. Komen Houston while sipping on 20 different types of rosé and enjoying music from Brad Absher and Swamp Royale at Southern Goods. 1pm to 5pm.
· Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival at The Hobby Event Center – Taste the flavors of summertime in Houston at this family-friendly festival featuring crawfish, crab, grilled food, arts and crafts, vendors, and music. $10. 2pm to 11pm.
· Houston Dash vs. Sky Blue FC at BBVA Compass Stadium – Cheer on the Dash as they play Sky Blue FC in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15, not including ticket fees. 3pm.
· In Darfur at The Landing Theatre at The Docks – See this touching story about an aid worker, a journalist and a Darfuri woman who end up in the same camp in Darfur come to life on stage in this production from The Landing Theatre Company. Tickets start at $25, but limited discounted $17.50 tickets are available. 3pm.
· J.J. Watt Charity Classic at Minute Maid Park – Houston Texan J.J. Watt will host his home run derby and softball game again this year to raise money for the J.J. Watt Foundation. Tickets start at $5, but you may find cheaper or better seats on Ticket Network’s resale marketplace. 4pm.
· Arlo Guthrie in Concert at The Grand – Songwriter, activist, and actor Arlo Guthrie perform at The Grand as part of his Running Down The Road Tour. Tickets start at $35.10, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
· Mother’s Day Brunch – Treat your mom, aunt, or any mother figure in your life to a special brunch and choose from South American food at Churrascos, French cuisine at Le Bistro, Spanish tapas at Mi Luna along with many other participating restaurants in the Houston area. Times and prices vary per restaurant.
· Pollinator Container Garden Workshop at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Build your own floral container garden with native plant species to attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your yard at this parent-child workshop. Tickets start at $40. 10am and 1pm.
· Wood Block Photo Transfers Workshop at Pop Shop America – Learn how to transfer photographs onto wood blocks to create stylish pieces of art at this craft workshop where you can BYOB and enjoy snacks from Greenhouse Catering Co. $32. 11am to 1pm.
· Houston Pet Expo at NRG | FREE – Bring your pet and peruse exhibitors, watch obedience demonstrations, adopt a pet, get discounted vaccinations and preventative care and more at the Houston Pet Expo. 11am to 4pm.
· You Can’t Take It With You at A.D. Players Theater – Laugh all the way through this hilarious play that shows what happens when a woman’s snooty, soon-to-be in-laws to dinner with her eccentric parents. Tickets start at $15, but limited discounted tickets start at $7.50. 2pm.
· Little Shop of Horrors at EaDo Playhouse – Catch a production of the 1980s musical Little Shop of Horrors, playing at EaDo Playhouse. $25; limited discounted $12.50 tickets available. 5pm.
· Rock n Roll Bingo at Darwin’s Pub – Rock out as you play Bingo for prizes and enjoy drink specials at Darwin’s Pub 6pm to 8pm.