Saturday, June 10, 2017
- A Step Forward for Hispanic Women 5K in Memorial – Walk or run this 5k that benefits Wellness for Growth, a foundation that empowers underprivileged Hispanic women through wellness and skills education. Registration starts at $15. 6:15am.
- Galveston Pride Beach Bash | FREE – Celebrate Pride with the LGBT community on East Beach in Galveston with DJs, a drag show, food and more. 9am to 7pm.
- Hire Houston Youth Job Fair at Southwest Multi-Service Center | FREE – Apply, and maybe even get hired, for a summer job at this Hire Houston Youth on-the-spot hiring event. 10am to 3pm.
- Lake Houston Arts Festival at Town Center Park – Shop for art and gifts at this festival with more than 100 vendors at Kingwood Town Center. $5. 10am to 8pm.
- The Texas Taco, Tequila and Margarita Festival at Preservation Park – Nosh on tacos from more than 30 vendors, taste tequila, sample margs frozen and on the rocks in over 30 flavors, and enjoy live music from Los Skarnales, Jenny and the Mexicats, and more at this festival in Spring. Tickets start at $15. 1pm to 11pm. I’ll be there!
- The World According to Snoopy at The Hobby Center – Watch the Peanuts characters come to life when The World According to Snoopy plays at The Hobby Center. Tickets start at $28.75. 2pm.
- 23rd Anniversary at Saint Arnold Brewing Company – Celebrate 23 years of craft beer from Saint Arnold with lots of live music and beer at the brewery. Tickets start at $10. 4pm to 11pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards– Shop a curated selection of specialty foods, folk art, and artisan crafts during this market hosted by The Washington Avenue Arts District. 6pm to 10pm.
- Texas Music Festival at the UH Moores Opera House – Orchestra fellows from the University of Houston Moores School of Music will perform with conductor Franz Anton Krager, soprano Cynthia Clayton, and Jeb Mueller as part of the Texas Music Festival series. Entertainment and a lecture will precede the concert beginning at 6:30pm. Tickets start at $20. 7:30pm.
- Circus 1903: The Golden Age of Circus at Jones Hall – Step right up to see the greatest show on Earth when Circus 1903 brings the show to Houston with high flying acrobats, contortionists, and the world’s largest performing elephant. Tickets start at $38. 7:30pm.
- The Fab 5 in Concert at Sambuca – Beatles tribute band The Fab 5 will bring classic tunes to Sambuca for this Saturday evening performance. 8:15pm.
- Moana Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring a few lawn chairs and settle in to watch Disney’s Moana at Sugar Land’s Town Square. 8:30pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Yoga with Cats at El Gato Coffeehouse– Get all the feels at this 45-minute yoga class followed by 30 minutes of playtime with cats at El Gato Coffeehouse. $22. 12:30pm.
- Rare Cellar Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewing Company – Saint Arnold’s 23rd Anniversary celebration continues with a rare cellar tasting at the brewery. $60. 2pm to 4:30pm.
- Picnic in the Park at Minute Maid Park– Stick around after the Astros game for a barbecue picnic buffet, kids activities, an autograph session, and photos with Orbit. Tickets start at $50. 5pm.
- Lemonade Day at CityCentre– Help raise funds for children’s cancer research by heading to the CityCentre Plaza to purchase a cup of lemonade. 5pm to 8pm.
- Metallica in Concert at NRG – Head bang to music from heavy metal band Metallica when their Tour comes to NRG. Tickets start at $55.50, 6pm.
- Poké Showdown at Bar Bleu– Bar Bleu will host this chef throwdown featuring restaurants like Moku Bar and Ra Sushi to see who can make the best poké dish. Tickets start at $30. 6pm to 10pm.
- George Springer Bowling Benefit at Lucky Strike –Join Astros outfielder George Springer and other celebrity athletes for this bowling tournament and reception that benefits Camp SAY at Lucky Strike. Tickets start at $200. 7:30pm.
If you needed some weekend plans, here you go! Want to chat about this? Come visit Goldwiser located at 24910 Kuykendahl Rd., Tomball, TX 77375 and open Monday through Saturday 10 am to 7 pm. I’ll be at the The Texas Taco, Tequila and Margarita Festival at Preservation Park all day. Come find me if you’re in the area!