Saturday, June 24, 2017
- International Day of Yoga at Town Green Park | FREE –Take a deep breath at Town Green Park in The Woodlands as you meditate, participate in beginner and expert yoga sessions, peruse booths with books, yoga gear, refreshments and more in celebration of International Day of Yoga. 6:45am to 9:30am.
- Music and Yoga at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring your own mat to Sugar Land’s Town Square for this free yoga class led by Revolution Studio accompanied by tunes from Sessions Music. 9:30am.
- Asian Heritage Bus Tours – Explore the rich cultural offerings and ethnic foods of Southwest Houston on a curated, half-day guided tour that explores a variety of cultural, dining and shopping destinations in Bellaire, Harwin, and Hillcroft boulevards. $35. 10am to 2:30pm.
- Minion Dominion at the Children’s Museum of Houston – Bring the whole family to the Children’s Museum where the minions from Despicable Me will be running wild. $12. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown Houston | FREE –Celebrate Houston’s LGBT community in the heart of Downtown at the fourth largest pride festival and parade in the country. Noon to 11pm.
- Beats BBQ Brews at Glitter Karaoke –Jam to beats from DJ Seek, sip on $4 beers from Buffalo Bayou Brewery, and chow down on finger lickin’ barbeque from Blood Bros. BBQ at Glitter Karaoke. Noon to 4pm.
- Bourbon, Brunch & Booze at BLUEorange Art Gallery –Sip on bourbon, whiskey, beer and/or mimosas while you nosh on brunch samples from local restaurants at this foodie event in Montrose. Tickets start at $40. 1pm to 4pm.
- Clear to Partly Crazyat The Grand – Jaston Williams will star in his one-man show Clear to Partly Crazy, where he’ll cover topics all Texans can relate to, at The Grand in Galveston. Tickets start at $27. 2pm and 8pm.
- Taste of New Orleans at Jones Plaza – Escape to the Big Easy without having to leave Houston when DJ Jubilee, DJ Jack Frost, Stooges Brass Band and more perform at Jones Plaza with New Orleans style food and art at this festival. Tickets start at $5. 2pm to 10pm.
- The Cat Art Show at Texas Art Asylum | FREE – Submit your cat-themed artwork or just come to check out other artists’ work at this art show benefiting Planned Parenthood. 4pm.
- Texas Monthly’s BBQ MeatUp at Silver Street Studios –Pitmasters including Ronnie Killen and Manny Torres of Killen’s Barbecue, Will Buckman of CorkScrew BBQ, and Arnis Robbins of Evie Mae’s Pit Barbecue in Lubbock will fire up their grills to crank out meaty dishes that guests can enjoy with cold beer, craft cocktails, and live music. $85. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Roller Derby Juniors’ 2nd Annual Skate Party at Houston Premier Sportsplex– Put on your best ’80s attire for a family-friendly skating party and fundraiser, with music, games, a cake walk, and more. Kids of all abilities are welcome and loaner skates will be available. $10. 7pm to 10pm.
- Jermaine Dupri in Concert at Revention Music Center – Jermaine Dupri’s SoSoSummer 17 Tour is coming to Houston for a show at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $30. 7pm.
- Texas Music Festival at the UH Moores Opera House – Orchestra fellows from the University of Houston Moores School of Music will perform with conductor Brett Mitchell and the winner of the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Young Artist Competition as part of the Texas Music Festival series. Entertainment and a lecture will precede the concert beginning at 6:30pm. Tickets start at $20. 7:30pm.
- Summer Symphony Nights Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Enjoy a free concert from the Houston Symphony featuring J. López’s “Fiesta!”, Mozart’s “Horn Concerto No. 2”, and Dvorák’s “Symphony No. 8” under the stars at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- Aladdin Improv Show at CSz Arena – Crack up as you participate in this interactive improv show all about Aladdin from ComedySportz. $14. 10:30pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- BrisketU Backyard Pitmaster Class at Southern Star Brewing Company –Learn everything there is to know about brisket – from picking out the best cut to trimming, smoking, and serving it – at this pitmaster class at Southern Star Brewery. $69. Noon to 3pm.
- Whiskey+Beer+Tacos at Eight Row Flint– Enjoy tacos from Eight Row Flint paired with Whistle Pig rye and Saint Arnold brews at this afternoon event at the upscale icehouse. Noon to 3pm.
- Yoga with Cats at El Gato Coffeehouse – Get all the feels at this 45-minute yoga class followed by 30 minutes of playtime with cats at El Gato Coffeehouse. $22. 12:30pm.
- Last Sundays at Rockstar Gallery | FREE – Enjoy live music, improv, and more at a monthly indoor art festival. This is all the closing party of the art show inspired by Maggie Flecknoe of CW39. 1pm to 5pm.
- Sunday Funday with DJ Phil at Aloft Hotel Downtown | No Cover –Head to Downtown to enjoy this rooftop pool party featuring music by DJ Phil and drink specials at the Aloft Hotel. 2pm to 5pm.
- Paint the Revolution: Mexican Modernism, 1910–1950 Opening Day Lecture at MFAH – Get the first glimpse of Paint the Revolution: Mexican Modernism, 1910–1950 at this lecture led by Wortham Curator of Latin American Art Mari Carmen Ramírez. $10. 3pm to 4pm.
- Houston Brass Band in Concert at The MATCH – Hear Houston Symphony Associate Principal Trumpet soloist John Parker perform Dukas’ “Villanelle” with the Houston Brass Band 2016 Young Brass Soloist competition winner at The MATCH. $17. 4pm.
- 1 Year Anniversary at Rec Room – Celebrate the one year anniversary of this EaDo venue with happy hour and cake. 5pm to 8pm.
- Mad Tea: Official Pride Houston Closing Party at Rich’s– Close out the official Pride Houston festivities with a rager at Rich’s nightclub. 5pm to 11pm.
- Grand Re-Opening Party & Market at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover –Celebrate the Grand Re-Opening of Insomnia Gallery with complimentary beverages, food trucks, and shop from local artists and vendors at their market. 6pm to 10pm.
- Pride Foam Party at South Beach – Dance the night away in a room full of organic foam on the last night of Pride weekend. 9pm.
Stop by before making your plans for a little extra cash at Goldwiser! I’m located at 24910 Kuykendahl Rd., Tomball, TX 77375 and open Monday through Saturday 10 am to 7 pm. Just ask for Gina!