Saturday, August 12, 2017
· Zoo Yoga at the Houston Zoo – Bring your child aged from 4 to 10 years old to the Houston Zoo for a morning of yoga with animal-inspired poses. Included with admission. 8am.
· Texas Black Women’s Expo at NRG Center – Shop around, visit with vendors, see a fashion show and more at this expo at NRG. $20. 10am to 7pm.
· Southern Fried Chicken Fest at Levy Park – Stuff your face with fried chicken at this festival showcasing live music, a hot sauce competition, wing eating contest, and creative takes on Southern fried chicken from local food vendors. Tickets start at $10. 2pm to 9pm.
· Opening Reception: On the Verge at Archway Gallery | FREE – Hear from artist Susan Spjut and photographer Michael Bonagurio and then check out their exhibition On the Verge at the opening reception at Archway Gallery. 5pm to 8pm.
· The Market at Sawyer Yards – Shop a curated selection of specialty foods, folk art, and artisan crafts during this evening market hosted by The Washington Avenue Arts District. 6pm to 10pm.
· Lil Yachty in Concert at Warehouse Live – Get tickets to see rapper Lil Yachty when his Teenage Tour stops through Houston for a show at Warehouse Live in EaDo. Tickets start at $29.50. 6:30pm.
· Sacred Music Sacred Dance for World Healing at Asia Society Texas Center –Witness a performance from the multiphonic singers of Tibet’s Drepung Loseling Monastery, who will play traditional instruments and perform ancient dances at Asia Society. Tickets start are$25 for members and $30 for nonmembers. 7pm.
· Rod Stewart & Cyndi Lauper in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – British rock singer Rod Stewart and singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper are on tour together and will make a stop in Sugar Land for a show that’s sure to entertain. Tickets start at $94.50. 7:30pm.
· Boats, Bats & Brews at Buffalo Bayou – Hop in your kayak or canoe and paddle out on Buffalo Bayou to see the bats emerge from the Waugh Bridge at dusk. Then hang out with BCO and enjoy a couple brews afterward. 7:30pm to 10pm.
· Houston Dynamo vs. San Jose Earthquakes at BBVA Compass Stadium – The Dynamo are having a strong season and the San Jose Earthquakes will try to shake things up at this Saturday night game. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
· Sweet Charity at EaDo Playhouse – Be transported to New York in this 1960s comedy from Neil Simon about a hostess looking for love. $25. 8pm.
· Independence Day Festival at Pakistan Association of Greater Houston – Celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day with live music, traditional foods, raffles and more at this festival at the Pakistan Association of Greater Houston. 8pm.
· The Lego Batman Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring the whole family to catch an outdoor screening of The Lego Batman Movie at Sugar Land Town Square. 8:15pm.
· 50th Anniversary Tribute to The Beatles’ Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Jam to hits from the Beatles’ classic album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band at this tribute concert from The Texas Medical Center Orchestra and Fab 5. 8:30pm.
· Pixar’s Finding Dory Movie Screening at Discovery Green | FREE – Bring the whole family to see the wildly popular animated film Finding Dory at Discovery Green. 8:30pm.
· International Saturdays at Belvedere Lounge – Party all night and dance to beats from DJ ND at Uptown Park nightclub Belvedere Lounge. 9pm.
· The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, August 13, 2017
· Kawaii Accessories Craft Workshop at Insomnia Gallery – Learn how to make jewelry with kawaii style cabochons and beads at this craft workshop hosted by Pop Shop America. $28. 11am to 1pm.
· Urban Harvest Farmers Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. – Shop for goods from the Urban Harvest Farmers Market, which will be on-site at Saint Arnold Brewery on Sunday afternoon. 11am to 4pm.
· Sunday Funday: Bubble, Barley, and Beer with The Houston Wave – Hop on The Wave with Tessa Trace of Houston Cookie Crew and Jeff Weinstock of Cake & Bacon and visit their favorite spots in Houston on this chef-led food tour. $190. Noon to 4pm.
· Pints & Puppies at 8th Wonder Brewery – Bring your four legged friends over to Pints & Puppies where a portion of the proceeds will go toward local charities supporting dog rescue. Tickets start at $10. 1pm to 4pm.
· The Man in the Locket at Theatre Suburbia – Catch the world premiere of Local playwright Kris Thompson’s show The Man in the Locket at Theatre Suburbia. $16. 3pm.
· Annie at Purple Box Theater – Sing along to songs like “Tomorrow” and “It’s the Hard-Knock Life” at this production of the classic musical Annie. $15. 3pm.