Saturday, September 9, 2017
· The Daily News Press Run 2017 at Galveston Island – Run or walk with the whole family in a 5k, 10k or kids 1k at this annual race hosted by Galveston’s The Daily News to support the Newspapers in Education program. Registration starts at $15. 7am.
· Pearland Farmer’s Market at Pearland Town Center– Support local vendors as you shop for specialty foods, candles, handmade goods, decor and more at Pearland’s community farmer’s market. 8am to noon.
· Cooking and Pastry Class at Culinary Institute LeNôtre – Learn how to make seafood paella and classic French toast at this Saturday morning cooking class at Culinary Institute LeNôtre. $70. 9:30am.
· All Day Margarita Festival at El Big Bad – The bartenders at El Big Bad are competing against each other to see who makes the best margarita, and you get to sample all five and vote. Tickets start at $10. Noon to 5pm.
· Beerfest at Griff’s Irish Pub – Sample beers from local breweries who are competing to earn a tap on Griff’s Beer Wall. Piro’s Taco Truck will be on-site and college football games will be playing all afternoon. Noon to 5pm.
· 2017 Houston Afrifest at Houston Baptist University – Experience the many cultures that make up the African continent through authentic dance, art, music, food and fashion at this festival at HBU. There will be a kids’ zone for the little ones. $5. Noon to 8pm.
· Will Carter Band in Concert at Firehouse Saloon – Local country group, the Will Carter Band, hits the stage for a concert at Firehouse Saloon. 7pm.
· Houston Dynamo vs. Colorado Rapids at BBVA Compass Stadium – The Dynamo will compete against the Colorado Rapids and try to get the ball past USA goalkeeper Tim Howard in this game. A portion of ticket sales will be donated to Harvey relief. Tickets start at $25. 7:30pm.
· Fleetwood Mac Tribute Concert at The Concert Pub North – Sing along to your favorite Fleetwood Mac hits when tribute band Nightbird hits the stage at The Concert Pub North. Tickets start at $10. 8pm.
· Rudyard’s Anniversary Concert at Rudyard’s British Pub – The Montrose pub is hosting a concert from Houston-based groups Dollie Barnes, Flower Graves and Empty Shells. 8pm.
Sunday, September 10, 2017
· Screwed Up Sunday at 8th Wonder Brewery – Head to 8th Wonder Brewery for interactive live art, music, beer and a limited edition pint glass in honor of the iconic DJ Screw. Tickets start at $20. 11am to 6pm.
· Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium – Are you ready for some football? The Houston Texans’ season is finally here and they’ll kick off their first game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at noon. Tickets start at $57. Noon.
· Cut A Thon at Black Sheep Parlor – Get a haircut at Black Sheep Parlor on sunday and the Heights barber shop will donate all of the proceeds to The Greater Houston Community Foundation. Cuts start at $20. Noon to 6pm.
· Preview of Enemies at Main Street Theater – Catch a preview performance of Maxim Gorky’s smart play about pre-revolutionary Russia and a society on the brink of collapse. Tickets start at $10. 3pm.
· Disgraced at Studio 101 – Catch the Houston premiere of Disgraced, a drama about a Pakistani-American lawyer that hosts a dinner party and dives into issues about race and religion, performed by 4th Wall Theatre Company at Studio 101. $32. 3pm.
· Oktoberfest Houston Kickoff Party at King’s BierHaus – Oktoberfest season is here and King’s BierHaus is kicking it off with beer and food specials, polka music and more. Free admission with RSVP. 4pm to 7pm.
· ZZ Top in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Blues and rock band ZZ Top will take the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land to perform hits like “La Grange,” “Sharp Dressed Man”, and “Tush”. Tickets start at $65. 8pm.