So many of out fellow neighbors are still struggling from what Harvey left behind. Take advantage of the last few days of Houston Restaurant Weeks, keep giving back to those in need at Harvey relief events, learn how to cook, catch your favorite artists in concert and more. Have a fantastic weekend!
Saturday, September 30, 2017
· Nigeria Cultural Parade in Downtown | FREE – Celebrate Nigeria’s 57th Independence Day at the annual Nigeria Cultural Parade through the streets of Downtown. 8:30am to 1pm.
· Fall Plant Sale at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Stock up on a variety of flowering plants to add to your garden for butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds at HMNS’s Fall Plant Sale. 9am to noon.
· Beginner Birdwatching at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Learn the basics of bird watching at this beginner’s class at the Arboretum. Tickets start at $20. 9:30am to 11:30am.
· Mid-Autumn Festival at Children’s Museum of Houston – Bring the kiddos to the Children’s Museum for an afternoon of lantern making, face painting, storytelling, and fun with the Vietnamese Culture & Science Association. Included with admission. 10am to 4pm.
· Brewed in H-Town at The Anheuser-Busch Brewery | FREE – The Brewed in H-Town event combines a Bud Talk series along with a final celebration to celebrate the people of Houston through a gallery experience combining Budweiser’s brewing process with Houston style, music, and art. This event is free but ticketed. 10am to 6pm.
· Houston Oktoberfest at The Water Works – Celebrate Oktoberfest with polka music, beer, German fare, and play in the Oktoberfest Olympiad at The Water Works. Tickets start at $25. 11am to 6pm.
· The Morning After, A Houston Press Brunch Event at Bayou City Event Center Houston – Nosh on brunch creations from local chefs while sipping on cocktails at Houston Press’s Morning After event. Tickets start at $25. 11:30am to 2:30pm.
· Oktoberfest Party at Southern Star Brewing – Join Southern Star Brewing for a German celebration with polka music from The Moravians, German food, games, and lots of beer. Noon to 10pm.
· 1st Anniversary Celebration at Platypus Brewing – Celebrate one year of Platypus beer with a new release, live music, fun, and beer at the brewery. Noon to midnight.
· Fall Festival at Town Green Park – The whole family will enjoy carnival rides, games, a pumpkin patch, face painting and more at the town Green Park Fall Festival. Tickets start at $10. 3pm to 7pm.
· The Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival at Discovery Green – Celebrate African and African-American culture with art, music, poetry, food, and community at this outdoor festival at Discovery Green park. Tickets start at $25. 4pm to 10pm.
· Tamale & Salsa Pop Up at Axelrad – Hop on over to Axelrad for tamales and salsa from The Hot Damn Tamale Factory who will be setting up shop for the evening. 5pm to 2am.
· Joon Haircare’s My Dear Houston Launch Party at Studio 809 in Downtown – Nosh on light bites from celebrity chef Adrian Perez, while enjoying a braid bar and beats by Cirque Noir. Guests also score a swag bag that features Joon Haircair’s first product. $10; $65 VIP includes drinks. Proceeds go to support Houston hairstylists impacted by Harvey. 6pm to 9pm.
· Screaming Like Goku Event at King’s BierHaus – Achieve Super Saiyan by screaming as loud and hard as you can amongst other Dragon Ball Z fans at King’s BierHaus in the Heights. 6pm to 9pm.
· Young the Giant in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rock with California band Young the Giant and opening act Cold War Kids at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $32. 7pm.
· Whiskies of the World: The Ultimate Whisky Tasting at JW Marriott Galleria – Sample your way through more than 200 whiskies from around the globe at this tasting event at JW Marriott. Tickets start at $120. 7pm to 10pm.
· Keep it Brassy at Music Box Theatre – Enjoy music from multiple genres at this cabaret show at Music Box Theatre. Tickets start at $29. 7:30pm.
· The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
· Black Swan Sunday at The Raven Tower | FREE – Take a deep breath and take advantage of a free yoga class hosted by Black Swan Yoga at Raven Tower. 10am.
· October Urban Harvest Farmers Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. – Shop for produce and prepared foods at Urban Harvest’s farmers market at Saint Arnold Brewery. 11am to 4pm.
· Houston Texans vs Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium – Watch the Houston Texans play against the Titans on their home turf at NRG. Tickets start at $46. Noon.
· HPA Cat Fest 2017 at Pearl Bar – Head on over to Pearl Bar for a cat adoption from Houston Pets Alive and raffle benefitting the organization. 1pm to 4pm.
· BCO Graffiti Art & Bike Ride at Market Square Park – Meet up with BCO at Market Square Park and then take off on a bike ride around the city checking out graffiti artwork along the way. 1pm to 4:30pm.
· Houston Biker Fest 2017 at the Hobby Event Center – Calling all bikers to this festival featuring a bike competition, bikini contest, live music, food, and art vendors at the Hobby Event Center. Tickets start at $15. 1pm to 10pm.
· Harvey at A.D. Players Theater – Crack up at a performance of this comedic play starring a middle-aged man named Elwood and his best friend, a giant invisible rabbit named Harvey. Tickets start at $20. 2pm.
· 1,000 Lights for Peace at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Start the evening with a 5k Walk for Peace and enjoy a cultural program before lighting a candle and pledging for peace alongside other attendees at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 6pm.