Saturday, October 7, 2017
· Park to Port Bike Ride in Hermann Park – Take off on your bike for a 20-mile round-trip ride along the Bayou Greenway, to the Port of Houston for a party before heading back. Registration starts at $35. 7am.
· Whole Lotta Yoga Houston at Levy Park – Stop by Levy Park with your yoga mat and take part in 30-minute classes from local studios, enjoy a group workshop, shop the vendor village, and enjoy live music. Tickets start at $20. 8:30am to 3pm.
· Asian Heritage Bus Tour Around Southwest Houston – Explore the rich cultural offerings and ethnic foods of Southwest Houston on a curated, half-day guided tour that explores a variety of cultural, dining, and shopping destinations in Bellaire, Harwin, and Hillcroft boulevards. $35. 10am to 2:30pm.
· KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park | FREE – Get the whole family out of the house and to Buffalo Bayou’s Guadalupe Plaza Park for balloon artists, a rock climbing wall, face painters, sports zone, and a Halloween costume parade. 11am to 3pm.
· First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | FREE – The monthly market featuring fine art, eclectic good, free live music, and food truck bites returns to the Heights. 11am to 6pm.
· Stephen F. Austin University vs. Sam Houston State at NRG Stadium – The Battle of the Piney Woods is back to see who will come out on top, the SFA Lumberjacks or the Sam Houston State Bearkats, at this game at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 1pm.
· International Bacon Fest at HTX Sports Creek – Chow down on bacon-inspired dishes from the world, enjoy carnival rides, music, crafts, and a bacon eating competition at the International Bacon Festival in EaDo. Tickets start at $10. 1pm to 7pm.
· RGFF Charity Pub Crawl and Concert with The Suffers in EaDo – Spend the afternoon in EaDo crawling to pubs and bars before ending up at Lucky’s Pub for a concert from The Suffers. Proceeds from ticket sales benefit the Robert Garner Firefighter Foundation. Tickets start at $25. 2pm to 7pm.
· Grito Fest 2017 in Baytown | FREE – Enjoy a lineup of Mariachi music, ballet folklorico, accordion and grito competitions, and a jalapeno eating contest all at Grito Fest in Bayton. 4:30pm to 10pm.
· Ryan Adams in Concert at Revention Music Center – Singer-songwriter Ryan Adams will perform songs from his latest album Prisoner B-Sides in this concert at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $35. 7pm.
· MET Dance Season Kickoff at Discovery Green | FREE – See a performance from MET Dance when they kick off their 22nd season with a free show at Discovery Green. Expect choreography from Joshua L. Peugh, Camille A. Brown, and Hattie Haggard, along with a special appearance from the MET too Youth Company. 8pm.
· Monster House Movie Screening at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier – Scream at this screening of the 2006 animated movie Monster House, as part of the Halloween-themed movie series at Pleasure Pier. 8pm to 10pm.
· The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 8, 2017
· Dreamcatcher Craft Workshop in Downtown – Learn how to weave your own dreamcatcher using feathers, beads, twine and leather at this DIY class at the Level Office Coworking space in the Theater District. $36. 11am to 1pm.
· DIY Drywall and Trim at TXRX Labs – Learn how to remove and replace drywall and insulation and how to finish carpentry like trim and molding in this handy workshop hosted by TXRX Labs. Noon to 3pm.
· EaDo Vintage Fest One Year Anniversary Party – Shop for vintage clothing, locally made products, artisans, food and more while vibing to DJs and live music at the EaDo Vintage Fest. Noon to 8pm.
· Roots Reggae Houston Music Festival at Hobby Event Center – Jam to reggae beats and spread “One Love” vibes as you shop for art and gifts from vendors and enjoy food at this festival at Hobby Event Center. $10. Noon to 10pm.
· Woodlands BBQ Festival at Town Green Park – Local pitmasters will smoke up Town Green Park with finger-lickin’ bbq at the second annual Woodlands BBQ Festival. Tickets start at $50. 1pm to 5pm.
· Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium – Find your seat and get on your feet for the Sunday Night Football game featuring our Houston Texans and the Chiefs at NRG. Tickets start at $55. 7:30pm.
· Songwriter Sundays at Dean’s Downtown – Grab a drink and hang out at Dean’s Downtown while music from singer-songwriters Andrew James Music and James Coronna fills the space. 9pm.