Pack your weekend with games, festivals, beer and wine tastings, a trip to the theater, Halloween events, movie screenings, concerts, fundraisers and more. Stop by first for some extra money before heading out.
Things to Do All Weekend The Secret Garden at the Hobby Center | Daily – TUTS presents a theatrical take on the classic children’s book The Secret Garden on stage at the Hobby Center. Tickets start at $30. Showtimes vary.
• 5th Annual Trill Comedy Festival at Station Theater | Daily – Catch one or more of ten comedy shows featuring 120 comedians, improv artists, and comedy entertainers. Individual shows start at $12 ($15 at the door), but limited discounted $7.50 tickets are available to most shows. Showtimes vary.
• 8th Wonder Pairing Dinner at Your Pie | Thursday to Saturday – Treat yourself with a tasty, ten-inch pizza taster – with each slice paired to a different, delicious 8th Wonder beer – at Your Pie’s special October Pizza & Beer Dinners. Each ten-inch pizza will contain a slice each from four different pizzas. A flight of four, 4-oz beer tasters will be paired with the pizza, all for just $20. 5pm to 10pm on Thursday; 5pm to 11pm Friday and Saturday. An Evening at The Talk House at The MATCH | Thursday to Saturday – Catch Catastrophic Theatre’s season opener An Evening at The Talk House, a dark but hilarious play about a group of creatives who launched a play that had raving reviews, but didn’t make any money, at The MATCH. $35 suggested donation. Showtimes vary.
• Sender at The Rec Room | Thursday to Saturday – Rec Room Arts presents Sender,a regional premiere of a raucous new comedy by Ike Holter that follows the story of a millennial who is presumed dead and returns to his friends, family, and social media a year after disappearing. $25. 8pm nightly.
• Feathers and Teeth at Studio 101 | Thursday to Saturday – Mildred’s Umbrella Theater Company presents this bone-chilling yet wildly funny play about a thirteen-year-old girl who is convinced that her father’s new fiance is evil. A mysterious creature is found in their backyard and the girl takes it as a sign to eliminate the new woman in her father’s life. $25. 8pm nightly. Frightening Forest Tours at Aunique Gypsy Horse Ranch | Friday and Saturday – Bring the kiddos out to the Aunique Gypsy Horse Ranch for a ride on the magical wizard wagon or conjuring caravan through the forest to catch a glimpse of witches, ghosts and skeletons. There’s plenty to do after the tour, including pumpkin putt putt, the monstrous maze, and evil eye bounce. Tickets start at $15. 6pm both nights.
• Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo | Friday to Sunday – Bring your little ghouls to the Houston Zoo for fall festivities including the pumpkin patch, candy corners, monster mural, creature maze, and monster mashquerade. Included with admission. Hours vary.
• King’s Oktoberfest Weekend at King’s BierHaus in The Heights | Friday to Sunday – Beloved in Pearland, King’s annual Oktoberfest celebration comes to Houston proper for the first time ever with live German music, more beer, more brats, and fun at the new King’s BierHaus in The Heights. Hours vary. The 33rd Annual Wings Over Houston Airshow at Ellington Field| Saturday and Sunday – Look up and watch as aircrafts fly overhead, headlined by the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds, at the 33rd Annual Wings Over Houston Airshow. 8am to 3pm both days.
• Bike Around the Bay in Baytown | Saturday and Sunday – Make your way around Galveston Bay on two wheels in the annual Bike Around the Bay event. This year, proceeds will benefit Harvey relief. 7:30am start time both days. Texas Home & Garden Show at NRG Center | Saturday and Sunday – Meet with storm recovery experts, check out thousands of products and services for your home, let the kids play in the KidsZone with inflatables and more at the Texas Home & Garden Show. $10. Times vary.