Texas Fall is in full swing, and we’ve got some of the best events to fill your weekend. Check out the International Quilt Festival, get in full costume and enter the village gates of the Texas Renaissance Festival, learn how to make festive infused alcohol, run from zombies, Feast with the Beasts and more.
Saturday, November 4, 2017
· National Eating Disorders Association Walk at Discovery Green – Walk around Discovery Green to raise awareness and funds to fight eating disorders. 8am to 1pm.
· Bark in the Park at Grand Central Park | FREE –Dogs and their humans can spend their day exploring the beautiful trails surrounding Grand Central Park during Bark in the Park, a hike with hounds. 8pm to noon.
· Zombie Charge 5k in Richmond – Sign up to be a zombie or run as fast as you can away from them in this 5k, and then mingle in the safe zone with music, food, and drinks at Tanks Paintball. Registration is $84 for runners and $39 for zombies. 9am.
· The Woodlands Wildflower Festival at Hughes Landing | FREE – Bring the whole family out to The Woodlands for inflatable rides, a petting zoo, nature-related activities, and get free wildflower seeds. 10am to 2pm.
· Little Woodrow’s Annual BBQ Cook Off in Midtown – College football will be on and live music will be playing at Little Woodrow’s while teams compete for the best barbeque in three categories: chicken, ribs, and brisket. 10am to 11:55pm.
· The 44th Annual British Festival in Sugar Land | FREE – The 44th Annual British Festival is a holiday-themed, family-friendly fest that features handmade gifts, food, performances, and face painting. 10am to 4pm.
· First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | FREE to Attend – Browse artwork and enjoy delicious bites and live music at the First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights. 11am to 6pm.
· The Greater Houston Food Truck Festival at Hobby Event Center – Grab food from your choice of over 50 food trucks while jamming to live music and taking in family-friendly activities at the Greater Houston Food Truck Festival. Tickets start at $10. 1pm.
· Kombucha Beer, Quick Country Wine & Wild Homebrew at Finca Tres Robles – Learn how to incorporate probiotics into your brews in this class where you’ll make kombucha beer, country wine, and other wild homebrews at Finca Tres Robles Urban Farm. $35. 1pm to 3pm.
· St. Arnold’s Beer Dinner at The Sugar Refinery – Nosh on a three-course dinner at The Sugar Refinery with dishes like French onion soup and maple bourbon pork chops paired with Saint Arnold brews. $65. 2pm to 5pm.
· The Bonfire Texas Festival at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch – Taking place at the BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch in Cat Spring, festival attendees will be treated to hayrides, tours, sheep herding with ranch dogs, BBQ, a wine garden, beer and live music from David Lewis and his band. Tickets are $45 for an all-day adult pass and $15 for children under age 12. 2pm to 10:30pm.
· Sing Along with The Muppet Movie at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – The puppets of The Muppet Movie will come to life on stage at Miller Outdoor Theatre for a theatrical version of the 1979 film. 7pm.
· Women on the Bayou Poetry Slam & Dance Show at UH Downtown – Watch as sixteen female poets, the best from around the country, battle in this poetry throwdown at the Wilhelmina Cullen Robertson Auditorium at UH Downtown. $20. 7pm.
· Zoo Yoga at the Houston Zoo – Bring your kiddo, aged 4 to 10, to the Zoo for a one-hour yoga class at the Elephant Boardwalk. Included with admission. 7pm.
· Disney’s Zootopia Screening at Discovery Green | FREE – Judy, Nick, Chief Bogo, and the rest of the gang will take the screen at Discovery Green for this free showing of Disney’s animated film Zootopia. 7:30pm.
· The Vienna Boys Choir at Dunham Theater – Brilliant Lectures presents the world-renowned Vienna Boys Choir’s exclusive Houston performance at the Dunham Theater on the campus of Houston Baptist University. Tickets range from $32 to $150. 7:30pm.
· Nick Cannon Live at NRG Stadium – Nick Cannon’s Wild ‘N Out Live Tour is heading to Houston for a hilarious performance from Rip Micheals, DC Young Fly, Hitmann Holla and more at NRG. Tickets start at $30. 8pm.
· CSz Houston presents Improv! The Musical at CSz Arena – Watch a musical come together as the ComedySportz team pulls a show together out of thin air for your entertainment. $16. 10:30pm.
· The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, November 5, 2017
· Bayou Bikers Ride at Market Square Park | FREE – Join Bayou Bikers for a 25- to 40-mile ride along the bayous. Meet at Market Square Park. 8am.
· Froyo and Flow Yoga at CityCentre | FREE – Head to Red Mango in CityCentre for a one hour yoga class with Alicia Tillman followed by raffles from Lululemon and free froyo from Red Mango. 8:30am to 10:30am.
· Doggies Who Brunch at Around the Corner – Bring your pup to Sunday brunch at Around the Corner for treats, swag bag, and human brunch food. 10am to noon.
· Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium – Watch the Houston Texans play on their home turf at NRG. Tickets start at $59. Noon.
· Sunday Streets Houston in Bellaire | FREE – Get active on Bellaire Boulevard between Hillcroft Street and Chimney Rock Road, where the street will be blocked off from cars, leaving it wide open for cycling, dancing, walking and mingling with friends and family. Noon to 4pm.
· Chimney Rock Market in West Houston | FREE – Held on the first and third Sunday of the month near Anderson Park, Chimney Rock Market showcases art, gifts, produce, artisanal food, and refreshments. Noon to 4pm.
· Poe! Poe! Poe! at Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church – Get a glimpse into the life of Edgar Allan Poe through references to his many works in this play from Company Onstage. $10. 2pm.
· Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz at Toyota Center – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Jazz at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20. 6pm.
Before you head out, don’t forget to stop by Goldwiser to fill up your wallet with some extra cash! 24910 Kuykendahl Rd., Tomball, TX 77375 open Monday through Saturday just ask for Gina for a special deal!