Get your holiday shopping done early, check out local art, see a free movie screening, watch as ice sculptures are carved right before your eyes, cheer loud for the Texans and more.
Check below to find great things happening around Houston this weekend.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
• Volunteer Workday at Buffalo Bayou Park –Volunteer your time to help clean up Buffalo Bayou Park. Bring your own gloves. 8:30am.
• Yoga on the Plaza at Rothko Chapel – Take part in a one-hour yoga class in the calming atmosphere of the Rothko Chapel Reflecting Pool. Bring your own mat. $15 suggested donation. 9am.
• Pearland’s Farmer’s Market at Pearland Town Center – Shop for produce, specialty foods, honey sauces and more from local vendors at the Pearland Farmer’s Market. 9am.
• The Great Inflatable Race at Sam Houston Race Park – Jump, bounce, slide, and run as you find your way through this inflatable obstacle course at Sam Houston Race Park. Registration starts at $75. First wave begins at 9am
• Sawyer Flea at Sawyer Yards | No Cover – Shop a curated selection of specialty goods from local craftsmen, artists, food vendors, collectors, and other small businesses at this outdoor market. 10am to 5pm.
• Toy Story Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Round up the kiddos and head over to the Children’s Museum for a meet and greet with Toy Story’s Woody and Jessie. Included with admission. 10am to 5pm.
ArtCrawl Houston 2017 at Hardy & Nance Studios – Artists at Hardy & Nance Studios will open the doors of their workspaces to give the public a peek at what happens behind the scenes as part of ArtCrawl Houston. 10am to 10pm.
• Cranksgiving at Woodland Park – Join a team and ride around by bike collecting items on this scavenger hunt which doubles as a food drive. Noon to 4pm.
• Houstonia Burger Bash at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park – Get your hands on some of the best burgers in town, with creative takes on patties, buns, and toppings at Houstonia’s annual Burger Bash. Tickets start at $20. Noon to 5pm.
• Tejas Treffpunkt 2017 at Spring Street Studios – Exotic cars will be on display along with artwork at Spring Street Studios for this gallery viewing and auction. $10. Noon to 6pm.
• Mural Wall Unveiling & Pop-Up Event at River Oaks Shopping Center | FREE – Houston’s newest mural wall, located on Pedan between River Oaks Theatre and Fuzzy’s, will be unveiled in this event with a meet and greet with Carrie from Wear + Where + Well and Instagram 101 class. 3pm to 5pm.
• Frostival at Discovery Green | FREE – Winter programming at Discovery Green kicks off with live ice sculpting, frozen beer steins, live music, the opening of The Ice rink, and the Hello Trees art installation. 6pm to 10pm.
• H-Town West Fest at Smart Financial Centre – Feel the beat when artists like Ice Cube, Bun B, and Scarface take the stage at Smart Financial Centre for 97.9 The Box’s H-Town West Fest. Tickets start at $34.50. 6:30pm.
• Le Dîner en Blanc at Secret Location – Get dressed up in white and standby for the secret location of this chic pop-up dinner. $37. Time and location TBA.
Sunday, November 19, 2017
• Baytown Trade Days’ Nutcracker Market at Baytown Community Center – Baytown’s Nutcracker Market features more than 60 vendors, giveaways, door prizes, and food to get you ready for the holidays. 10am to 4pm.
• Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals at NRG Stadium – The Cardinals are visiting Houston for this Sunday afternoon game against the Texans at NRG. Tickets start at $45. Noon.
• The Gr8 Taco Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery – 20 local restaurants will compete to see who makes the best taco and you’ll get to sample their creations and enjoy 8th Wonder brews and a michelada bar. Tickets start at $40. Noon.
• Chimney Rock Market in West Houston | FREE – Held on the first and third Sunday of the month near Anderson Park, Chimney Rock Market showcases art, gifts, produce, artisanal food, and refreshments. Noon to 4pm.
• A SPIRIT Seminar: “Let’s Talk About Getting the Right Answers” with Harry Ogbogu – Author, teacher, coach, and well-being advocate Harry Ogbogu leads a workshops designed to help participants discover why they are the way they are, and find a path to recreating their lives to reach their aspirations. $55. 1pm.
• Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley at Main Street Theater – Start your holiday festivities off early with this production from Main Street Theater. Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley is the sequel to Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice and follows the family’s gathering for Christmas. Tickets start at $42. 3pm.
• Night Out: ROCO + Brennan’s – Enjoy dinner and a show, starting with a performance of Musical Parfait by ROCO at The MATCH and followed by dinner at Brennan’s. $80. 5pm.
• The Who’s Tommy a Bluegrass Opry at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Take a seat under the stars for this rock opera and bluegrass set from The Hill Benders at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7pm.