Safety is probably the last thing on your mind as you pick out your perfect red outfit, matching heels and jewelry. After all, Valentine’s Day is supposed to be about love and romance! Many may receive the perfect proposal, others will walk down the aisle and unfortunately some may become the victim of a potential threat or attack. Let us remind you of five simple safety tips before you head out on Cupids special day.
1. You may not have all the details about your date, but tell someone close to you as much information as you can such as your dates name, what kind of car they drive, what time they are picking you up or even snap a quick picture and share it. These can all be very important details in case something goes wrong.
2. Keep your drink in your possession or cover it if you must walk away. If you are suspicious that someone may have tampered with your drink, ask for another. Only you know how much liquor you can handle, stop before you have had too much. Remain in control!
3. Remember that it’s ok to say NO to anything that is making you uncomfortable.
4. Always have your pepper spray with you. No excuses it will fit in the tiniest purse. It’s legal in all 50 states!
5. Most importantly, trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
A couple seconds of something bad happening to you will change the rest of your life.