Saturday, August 5, 2017
· Dog Days of Summer at the Houston Zoo – Learn all about the Zoo’s three African Painted Dogs at this event featuring kids craft table and information about conserving this species. Included with admission. 8am to 2pm.
· Jewelry Workshop at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | FREE – Join resident artist of HCCC, Rebecca Lynn Hewitt, for a lesson in jewelry making, where you’ll gather inspiration from the Craft Garden, arrange pressed flowers, and turn them into a necklace. 11am to 3pm.
· The Pilot Dance Project Performance at the Morales Funeral Home – Witness the work of local choreographer Jennifer Mabus in this 45-minute, site-specific performance at the Morales Funeral Home. Tickets start at $16. Performances are every hour from 2pm to 8pm.
· Always…Patsy Cline Musical at Stages Repertory Theatre – Get a glimpse into the life of legendary country singer Patsy Cline in this musical paying tribute to her friendship with Louise Seger at Stages Repertory Theatre. Tickets start at $43. 2:30pm and 8:30pm.
· White Linen Night in the Heights – Put on your whites and head to 19th Street for an evening shopping, food, art, drinks, live music and more at the 11th annual White Linen Night in the Heights. 6pm to 10pm.
· First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights – Continue down 19th Street to shop around for fine art and eclectic goods at this monthly stand-alone art market that’s part of the White Linen Night festivities. 6pm to 10pm.
· Queen + Adam Lambert in Concert at Toyota Center – Brian May and Roger Taylor, with the help of Adam Lambert, will bring the songs of Queen back to life at this high energy concert at Toyota Center. Expect to hear classics like “Another One Bites the Dust” and “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Tickets start at $49.50. 8pm.
· Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens at Obsidian Theatre – Obsidian Theatre will put on this musical that follows a cabaret acts’ investigation to catch a serial killer. $30. 8pm.
· The Man in the Locket at Theatre Suburbia – Catch the world premiere of Local playwright Kris Thompson’s show The Man in the Locket at Theatre Suburbia. $16. 8:30pm.
· International Saturdays at Belvedere Lounge – Party all night and dance to beats from DJ ND at Uptown Park nightclub Belvedere Lounge. 9pm.
· The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
· Bayou Bikers Ride at Market Square Park | FREE – Join Bayou Bikers for a 25 to 40 mile ride along the bayous. Meet at Market Square Park. 8am.
· George Hermann’s 174th Birthday Party | FREE – Celebrate George Hermann’s birthday with $1.74 train rides for kids, arts and crafts, face painting, free cake, and specials on ice cream. 10am to 2pm.
· National Root Beer Float Day at Saint Arnold Brewery – Bring the whole family to the brewery to sip on floats made with Saint Arnold root beer and a scoop of Mexican vanilla ice cream from Fat cat Creamery and get a souvenir plastic cup. Special adult variations of the float will be available, along with the full lineup of beer and kid-friendly food options from the kitchen. Noon to 5pm.
· U.S. Navy Band Cruisers in Concert at The Grand | FREE – Enjoy a free concert of music ranging from jazz and classic rock to pop from this special unit of the US Navy Band at The Grand in Galveston. 3pm.
· Waxahatchee in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Pop punk band Waxahatchee will take the stage at White Oak Music Hall for a concert with opening acts Palehound and Outer Spaces. Tickets start at $15. 7pm.